There's more to life in the pool than just training.
Here are some suggestions for games and exercises that will help you improve you diving whilst having a load of fun with friends.
These are all on laminated sheets with the "Games Box". Available every Tuesday at the pool. Or you can downlaod a PDF with them on by clicking here.
Buoyancy control and smoothness
How far and fast can you go with either:
- A ping pong ball underneath a spoon
- A golf ball on top of a spoon
2 skill levels
- Easy (big) teaspoon
- Hard (small) tea spoon
- Can you get through the hoop with it?
- Can you take your BCD off underwater (keeping the regulator in your mouth!!) and get it back on?
- How about swopping BCDs? Leave swopping mouthpieces until the end!!
- Can you take your weight belt off (or weight pockets out) and get them back in?
Ever tried swimming in your scuba gear with your gear on but no fins?
- Give it a go.
- Who can get to the other side of the pool and back fastest?
Rib challenge practice!
Can you get yourself out of the pool at the side?
- Grab the pool side
- Bounce up and down 3 times
- Fin like **** on the third up to get out
- How many somersaults can you do in one minute without breaking the surface?